Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Little One

Many of you know one of my best friends Valerie McNeil. She finally had her baby boy on Monday early morning. I'm so happy for her and her family, she was definitely ready to have her baby. The last month of pregnancy I think is pure torcher. We went as a family yesterday to see the sweet little one sent to a wonderful family. Baby boy looks good and mom looks great! The McNeil should be so proud of such a cutie!
I couldn't help but think of this sweet child just sent from heaven. He just left our Heavenly Fathers presence. It brings tears to my eyes to really think deep and hard about that consept. Just hours before he was there with Heavenly Father saying goodbye to all his friends and family. Birth of a little child is absolutely a beautiful thing. I guess before I just took it for granted, but now I feel I have a deeper connection to what really happens. Kamber is there, the same place these spirits are leaving to go through the trial of life. This little boy came straight from the same place my sweet girl is. In some ways this is so sweet and in other way it hurts a little. The selfish side of me wants me little girl here regardless of the neat things she is experiencing. It also gives some comfort to know Kamber is with her other siblings waiting to come to earth to be with us. Part of me wants to say she is with her brothers, but with our pattern I could be totally wrong. Regardless she is their with them, teaching them wonderful things and hopefully telling them good things about us to.
I'm thankful for sweet little children and their Christ like personalities. I thankful for a Heavenly Father that trusts us to raise some of his most choice children. I know the McNeils will do a great job raising their choice children in a way that Heavenly Fathers is pleased. Congrats guys on your sweet new baby boy!

2 comments:

Tanner and Shasta said...

YES!!! I'm so glad he's finally here. Good for them. My nephew was born a few days after a friend of mine passed away, I remember holding him and thinking "ok I know you just saw her, what did she say? Is she ok?" I know that's so crazy but I really thought I could will him to speak. I'm sure it't very bitter-sweet for you. Comforting to know he was just with her, but hard that he can't tell you about it. I really like what you said about her being with her siblings right now. I never thought of that.

The McNeil Family said...

This is such a sweet, post..I cryed after reading it and held brody in arms thinking of what kamber told him about us and the world that he was coming too. I know that kamber is there with her brothers waiting like brody waited. You can hold him tight when ever you want to feel kambers strength.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."