Saturday, October 18, 2008

Answers

Do we really get answers to all our prayers? The answer is yes. I know there are times I pray and I feel nothing, is this that Heavenly Father is not listening. I have thought about that a lot, what does that mean? Here is an example: A morning not long ago I was really struggling with Kamber being gone, I went into her room and prayed. I wanted to feel her so bad and know she was happy and okay. I cried and begged but yet I felt nothing, I sat and thought for a bit and nothing. I felt alone and wondered why I had to feel nothing, why wasn't Heavenly Father allowing me to feel some sort of comfort? I stood up and started to walk away when I said to myself I already know she is okay and happy. I didn't really need my Heavenly Father to reassure me because I already knew, he let me rely on my faith. So yes he answered my prayer through faith.
Another experience is before Kamber was taken to the hospital by the ambulance Ethan and I went in our room and said a prayer. Ethan prayed that Kamber would be okay and that we would except it. Was there an answer to our prayer? Many might say no, because Kamber died now we have to go through life without her. Well, as horrible as it is to go through life without her and endure this horror there was still an answer. Kamber is okay, she is in our Heavenly Fathers arms, he was right there when she passed on and so where many family members who were waiting to see her. She wasn't alone and she was comforted and Heavenly Father has allowed her to comfort our family. Sometimes we have to know Heavenly Father knows what is best for us.It was his will that Kamber was taken to be with him. Maybe it was a huge blessing, who knows what might have happened if she were to stay. Maybe something horrible would have happened, or maybe she was taken because she learned all she needed to on earth and she would always continue to have a huge impact on others. I know many have been touched by our experience and my family truly continues to feel her, she is not gone and I know never will be.
Heavenly Father always answers our prayers and sometimes it is in a way that we don't like or understand or on the time frame that we want, but remember it is his will and he knows what's best. It doesn't mean you have to always be happy about it and you might struggle with the answers like I have, but deep down we know we have to rely in our faith and try to understand it the best we can. All will be revealed in do time and when it is best for us.
Love to all and hope this helps those who may be struggling with similar questions. These are my thoughts and feelings.

4 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You are probably sharing your feelings so that you can get them out. But you will never truly know how many prayers YOU answer just by sharing things like this. I say that because I have been pleading with the Lord the last two days and I have felt nothing. But I needed to hear this and I know that what you have shared, is an answer for me.

Larsens said...

jen... you are a rock.... so amazing. thanks for sharing your thoughts. it really does help me.

Mary-Sunshine said...

Faith is so amazing. It is hard, but I feel a must to, at times, rely on yourself as much as you rely on the Lord. You are such a faithful person to know Kamber is happy, and to KNOW that it is your faith that is giving you the comfort.

Tiffany said...

Jen, thank you so much. I've been having such a hard morning and missing my Jackson. You are right. We may not understand, but that's okay we will, in His time. Your testimony was exactly what I needed to hear today. As hard as it is to actually accept we know that Heavenly Father knows best. Thank you. Loves,
Tif

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."