Thursday, October 2, 2008

Memories

We as a family have so many memories of Kamber. Even though we only had her for short 2 1/2 years there are so many special memories we have of her. She was vibrant and full of life. She could put a smile on my face whether I was sad or mad. She had the sweetest voice to match her fun personality. Life was so incredibly fun with her here, there was a lot of action taking place in our home. One of my favorite memories of Kamber was Ethan teaching her to do the animal sound. She loved to do it and we loved to hear it, I wish I had a tape of her doing these sounds, it would always make us laugh. When Ethan would have her do the sound of the piggy, she would snort so hard you would think her nose would hurt, but she would do it over and over just to see us laugh. Words can't even describe how much I miss having her here. What I wouldn't give just to hug her one more time. Now all my hugs I have to leave to my Heavenly Father and family members who have passed before. I know they let her know of my love for her and I know she can feel it to. I have felt her comfort many times and know those are hugs from her.
I feel that Kamber comes and visits Brookie often. I put Brookie right in front of one of the pictures we have of Kamber and she just laughed and touched the picture, she almost looked as if she was trying to talk. She would look at Kamber, smile, laugh, look at me and smile and then back at Kamber grabbing at the picture. I know Brookie knows who Kamber is and probably knows her better than me. Like I have said in a earlier post" Little Children are so Special. "
I would like to ask a favor of you. If you have any memories of Kamber please write about them for me. You are welcome to post them as a comment on the blog or email them to me at: kampers2@gmail.com Notice the email is not spelled Kamber the "b" is replaced by a "p". The name Kamper was Kambers nickname. Thanks!

If any of you know how to get photobucket slide shows on to the blog please let me know, I can't figure it out! Thanks

8 comments:

Tanner and Shasta said...

Leah knows how to do the slide show. We spent hours trying to do it on her photography blog. Anyway she finally figured it out. I'm sure she would love to help you do it.

Tennille and Patrick said...

sign into your account, you upload your pictures into photobucket, then click on slideshows and it will pull up the different styles you can choose from. Pick what pictures you want in the slide show, pick the style you want,save slide show and name it. Click on where it says share which is above your slide show. Hit the blogger logo, put in your blog username and password and title. Hit share and it should post it to your blog. I hope this helps. slide.com is also an easy one to make slide shows with.

Unknown said...

The veil really is so thin, especially for children. I am sure she is around you more often than you even know. Just imagine all of the wonderful things she would share with you if you could hear her right now.

Larsens said...

i am going to email you some fun memories we have of kamber. i want to wait til spencer gets home so we can talk about them together and get them to you. but jen... there are so many fun memories i could almost email you one everyday!! i just wish that we weren't in tucson for so much of her life. i feel like i was shorthanded on so much of kambers life. but i can honestly say that every memory i have of her, everyone is happy in the memory. she has an incredible way of making people happy. i believe the veil is very thin. when i pray in the morning and at night and when i pray with tyton and gunnar we always ask Heavenly Father to tell Kamber we love her and miss her. And everytime we pray about her we feel something so special. a lot of times i get goosebumps and i know it is the very sweet presence of Kambers spirit. i really believe she is with my children as well. and when i say that i dont mean to take her away from your family, so i hope you dont get sad about that. but tyton knows who kamber is. he was way to little to remember memories with kamber, but jen, he knows who she is. he loves to look at her pictures on your blog, and he loves to watch her video. he will watch it every morning day and night if we let him. he sits in front of the tv and is very enthralled with it. he doesnt do this with anything else (besides football). he will point and giggle at the pictures. he smiles all the time when he sees pictures. and when gunnar is smiling or talking into mid-air, i know kamber is giving him reason to smile. i know she was there with him when he was born and she is with him still. i thank Heavenly Father that my kids are getting a little taste of how sweet their cousin Kamber really is. Kamber is with us so much, i think her mission is to continue to make people laugh, smile, feel loved and comfort people. I know she is doing a wonderful job at it because she is doing all those things for my family still.

Mary-Sunshine said...

She is such a pretty newborn, of course all new borns are. But, she is just a PRETTY new born!

Mary-Sunshine said...

I sent an e-mail, I really hope I did the address right! Let me know if you don't get it, I made a copy in case I need to sent it again!

Mindi said...

My most recent memory of Kamber was when we took her with us to the Tempe Marketplace. Brookie was just a few weeks old and Kamber was having a hard time adjusting to having a new baby in the house. You were so tired and so we took her with us. She had so much fun. She ran and played in the water with Troy, Trent, and Major and I just remember how good she was for us. I will always remember that day and how much I learned from her. She smiled all of the time and loved to have fun. How I miss her smile and energetic personality.

Alishia said...

Kamber was only one when my twins were born and my life was turned upside down. We didn't make it to all of the parties when the twins were little and when we were there, we were frantically dealing with two newborns. I wish I had more memories of your little angel!! Our family does have a special memory of Kamber, though, that Dalin talks about often.

We had three parties at Teri's in a row last spring/summer, the NFL Draft party, Mother's Day and Father's Day. My boys were 15-16 months for those and were impossible. They wanted to be outside with all the big kids, but had only been walking a few months and were still unstable. After fighting with them, we gave in and took them outside.

They immediately wanted to jump on the trampoline, so we waited very patiently until the big kids got off and Dalin and I got on with the twins. We held onto them as we all jumped ever so lightly. Kamber watched us and came running. I thought, "Oh no! There goes that!"

We told her that she had to jump soft because the babies were little and she agreed. After a few minutes, she got bored and started really jumping. Both babies thought she was hillarious and started laughing. With an audience now, she jumped higher. They both fell down laughing even harder and she started to laugh with them. I'll never forget the sound of her laughing with my three boys!! It was very sweet to see all of them together. We picked them all up and started again, starting soft and then letting Kamber jump until they all fell down laughing again. This went on and on.

A few weeks later at another party, Dalin asked if "that funny girl would be there to bounce our babies." Sure enough she was. This time we asked her if she wanted to go outside and jump with us. She did and remembered our little game. Again, my twins thought she was so funny and so did Dalin. For two of the three parties that spring/summer, Kamber was the hit of the party for us. I'll never forget her smile and laugh as she entertained my boys for me.

After the accident, I talked to Dalin about it and told him about Kamber. He said that he didn't remember her. But when Mindi posted her picture on her blog, I showed it to Dalin. He cried then and said, "Oh no! Our babies loved her! Remember our game, Mom!" He then realized who she was. I don't think he'll ever forget her or those moments they shared in Teri's backyard. I know I won't!!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."