Saturday, November 8, 2008

Super Saturday

The title of my post is Super Saturday not because life is just grand today, but because I get to go to Super Saturday in my old ward. For those of you who don't know what a Super Saturday is let me explain. It is a day that you get to go to the ward building and do craft project that some of the very talented people in your ward and volunteered to teach and help you make. I am very happy to go back to my old ward and be with some of my favorite people. I think back on the time that I lived out there, which we are coming on a year since I left. I doesn't feel like I have been gone for that long and maybe that is because my friends that still live out there keep in contact with me. Life there just seemed so perfect, I felt I had the perfect life and nothing could go wrong. A huge part of me did not want to move, but I knew we would not be staying forever and people have to move on sometime. I am thankful that today I get to spend time with my friends all in one place doing things that we all enjoy, so that is what makes this day a Super Saturday!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm jealous you are going to Super Saturday! I love those! Plus, it is fun to be with old friends. I still love my friends from my old ward too. I also love my new ward friends. You are right - things change and sometimes we have to move on. But the good friends stay our friends forever!

The McNeil Family said...

I am so glad that you came today!! I love spending time with you and especially when we get to make fun stuff. I miss you so much out here but I know that you had to move on. I am lucky that we still hanging out together. I hope that we stay friends forever and that one day we can live closer again.

Jennifer said...

I know that you don't know me but I saw this blog and just had to write something. This is a beautiful blog. You have a beautiful family and a beautiful little one to look over you each day and night. I'm so glad that we have familys for ever! You and your family are in my prays.

Loree said...

It was so good to see you at Super Saturday! We sure love and miss you and I love when you come and visit! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Kelli said...

Oh...I would have loved to see old friends too. What did you all make. Our stake doesn't allow Super Saturdays...I know!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."