Saturday, December 19, 2009

Bad Prayer


I love my Kylie. She has such a tender heart. The other night she came into my room just sobbing. All I heard come out of her mouth was "I said a bad prayer" and some other mumbling. I took her by the hand and had her sit on my bed to try and calm her down. She finally calmed down enough that I could understand her. She told me how she had said a bad prayer and that she didn't know if Heavenly Father heard her second prayer that was good. She was missing Kamber and had prayed that we all could die so we could live in heaven with Kamber. She started crying hysterically again when she told me that she really didn't want us to die, but that she just wants to be with Kamber. My heart broke as I held her close wishing I could take away her pain and explained that Heavenly Father was not going to take us away that night. He doesn't just take people away just for fun. I said a prayer with Kylie that night talking to Heavenly Father about how sad we are that Kamber is gone and that we know that we will be with her again. Kylie seemed to feel better after that and we went into her room where I laid by her side till she fell asleep.


The innocence of a child is so sweet. I love Kylie and I am so grateful that Kylie knows that she can talk to her Heavenly Father about how she feels and that if it is a bad prayer that she came come to mommy and I will do my best to make it better.

7 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

That such a bitter sweet story. You are wonderful mother to your girls. I know heavenly father loves it when little children pray no matter what they ask for. I love your family, your girls have a special place in my heart.

Kami Milliron said...

You are such an INCREDIBLE Mom and I strive to be more like you. What a sweet experience for you and your Daughter. You have taught her well and continue to teach her so much. I hope I can do that with my children as they grow.

I LOVE your Christmas card ! I was very excited to get it in the mail yesterday. And I LOVE the picture of your family on the back - a bright little star for Kamber : ) So sweet Jen.

Barrett, Melinda, Angel Trinity, and Baby Zander said...

Tell your sweet kylie that I have said the same prayer. I have missed Trinity so much that I too have wanted to die so I could be with Trinity again. Tell her it's normal for all of us who love the ones we've lost. If we didn't love Kamber or Trinity so much, we wouldn't miss them so much! You're an amazing mommy to ALL of your babies!!!

Bridget said...

I read this story to my husband. It made us laugh...in a sweet way. We send our love to you and your family. I don't know if you read Sheye Rosemeyer's blog, but she had a beautiful post about a conversation she had with her daughter that was funny and sad all at once, too.

I love the honesty and innocence of children. Your Kylie is beautiful.

Bridget said...

I forgot to give you the link:

http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/2009/12/unknowing/

Bridget said...

Sorry, here's the full link:

http://www.sheyerosemeyerphotography.com/blog/2009/12/unknowing/

Bridget said...

So for some reason the comment section doesn't like the long link. The post is Dec. 24, 2009.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."