My girls are playing soccer this year. We have never done it before because I never even thought about it as an option. To me girls play sports like softball, volleyball, tennis, and even swim. These were the sports I was put in when I was young. I played volleyball my freshman year in school and discovered that I loved track more. I ran varsity track from a sophomore up. Sports were important to me growing up and I was quite good at it, never the star of the team but definitely held my own. I was never much of a girlie girl I guess you would say. Lets just put it this way, when the girls were playing with dolls I was playing football with the boys in the neighborhood or doing relay races with them and betting I could beat them and I would.:)
My girls played tennis and swim team last year. Lets just say tennis isn't really our thing. Swim team went really well and if we hadn't moved and I being pregnant we would have done it this year too. I went to one of my friends sisters High school soccer games last year and had so much fun watching her play. I realized what an intense sport it is and girls can hold there own. I decided then that I wanted my girls to try playing this season.
My girls have been going at it for about a month now and love it. We have had two games and they have scored goals in each of them. Kylie is very aggressive out on the field. She wants the ball and she is going to get it and do something with it. Even if that means you get knocked down when in her way. It's all part of the game. Tayler is not quite as aggressive, but is pretty good with her feet and sneaks the ball away with a good kick down field. Tayler is very accurate at kicking the ball and both goals have been made by someone passing the ball to her up field and her kicking it into the goal. Both girls are doing so good especially it being their first year. Needless to say I am proud of them and glad they love going to soccer! I'm sure there are going to be more updates as the year rolls on.
3 comments:
I am toying with the idea of getting Douglas into Soccer as well. We did T - Ball last year and while it was fun, I hated paying money for something he wasn't SUPER excited about or interested in. So I am not sure about Soccer. He would rather dress up in his Sunday clothes and pretend to be Mr Fredrickson, the old man from the movie UP.
Should I be worried : )
It is so fun to watch your girls play soccer. I am so glad that you put them in. And I love seeing you on sat.
We LOOOVE soccer at our house. Did you know that other than piano it is the only thing that you use both your right and left side of your brain? Random fact. There is nothing that I love more than to watch my boys play. Avery can't wait to play next year. Maybe we'll see you down there sometime.
Post a Comment