Thursday, November 4, 2010

Dang It!!

Three months ago I had my little boy and if you ask me time is flying by way to fast. I can't believe that Halloween is already over, but it doesn't even feel like it even came since it was on Sunday. A Sunday holiday kind of takes the fun out of it, except for Christmas.

Anyways... Thanksgiving is on its way and I am once again planning on running the Turkey Trot. Last year I slacked and didn't get my booty into gear. I remember being so tired physically. Little did I know I was in the early stages of pregnancy. Not many of my friends or family members wanted to run so I graciously declined feeling really relieved not to run.

This year is another story. My family wants to run this year! The Larsen family has been on a health kick and has been getting into shape. I have to say that everyone is looking great and I am so excited to run with them this year. I am most excited about my Father in law Rich running this year!!! It will fun to spend that time with him even though I am afraid that I will watching the back of him instead of watching him cross the finish line. He is one of the most dedicated people I know to what ever he puts his mind to. A GREAT example. :)

So I have been getting ready and training for this 5 k run which is a long run for me. Yesterday while running I noticed my shin starting to ache. I ran again this morning and yep that ache started to hurt more. I know this feeling, I remember it from when I ran track in High School. I am on my way to getting shin splints. If you have ever had them before you know what I am talking about and they can get to be so painful that running is out of the question. I think it is time to invest in some new shoes. I have loved my running shoes that I have now and have enjoyed ever mile with them over the past 5 years.

Anyone know a quick fix for shin splints so I can be ready on Thanksgiving? I will be doing Kamber shirts again and I am trying to see if they will give us a discount again for the run. Let me know if you want to be a part.

1 comment:

brittany said...

sorry friend. no quick fix for shin splints. Just ICE. ICE. ICE. and new shoes. Definitely NEW shoes. Scottsdale Running Company is a good place to make sure you are fitted. There is also a place on Gilbert and Warner...ish that you can get fitted as well. But make sure you get fitted and in the right shoe, that is the BEST cure for shin splints.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."