Sunday, December 19, 2010

Me and the 4 kids

For the past 2 weeks we have had sickness running through the house. It started with me, then Ethan, Max had something funky with his stomach that I think is finally clearing up and now miss Brookie is getting the snotty nose and cough. My body can't seem to totally kick what I have, but I feel most the way better.

Today is Sunday and better yet it is the Sunday before Christmas. Probably my most favorite Sunday of the whole year. I love the spirit on this particular Sunday. The Sacrament meeting and lessons usually trump any normal Sunday. Well, this time it is Me and the 4 kids off to church by myself. Ethan has a house he is trying to finish before Christmas for a client. It gets done or there is going to be some very unhappy people on his list for the holidays. As I was getting ready for church is was thinking in my head WHY AM I DOING THIS? I don't feel 100%. Brookie has a runny nose and I am sure she doesn't feel 100% and better yet they won't let her into nursery. I knew going into it that it was going to be hard. Off we went to Sacrament and the program was absolutely beautiful. I was loving it and my girls were being good for me! Then Tayler accidentally decapitated Brookie's little Cinderella toy and the tears Broke out. Max and Brookie wanted to be held and nothing was good enough. A friend that sat behind me grabbed Max from me so I could help Brookie. Bishop got up and spoke about why we do nice things for others and why we go to church and follow our Heavenly Father. It was an answer to my question this morning. We do it because we are obedient, because we love our Heavenly Father, we love Jesus Christ, we do it for our children to strengthen them, we do all these things in our life to return to our Heavenly family and to be more like our Savior and Father.

So I am home during Sunday School about to go back to Relief Society trying to calm my younger two kiddos. Normally I would have had it by now but, today I have an overwhelming sense of gratitude. I feel my Father in Heaven heard my thoughts and knew my doubts about today. He knows my heart and wants me to feel of his love and I have. For some reason he continues to bless me even though I fall short of so many things. I am thankful for this tender mercy today.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

Jen, You are a great a example. You are right at times we need this tender mercy to remind us why we go forward in our life. I know my father in heaven put you in my life for this very reason. I love you.

Anonymous said...

For me getting to church w/my kids, let alone on time, is one of my biggest challenges. I don't do well with chaos and pressure and stress. And for some reason Jen your spirit always seems to know how to talk to my spirit. I love reading your post but there are definitely some that just stand out to me and touch my soul. This is one of them. Thank you for letting me feel that. :)

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."