Monday, October 6, 2008

Our Hands

The day that we dressed Kamber at the mortuary Ethan and I went down 2 hours before our family came. We wanted to be with Kamber for a while on our own and to do somethings very special with her to have a sweet memory. We had a hand molding done of Ethan and I holding Kambers hand. This was another sweet moment to have with our beautiful daughter. We wanted to hold on to one of the last moments we would have to hold our little Kambers hand. What a blessing it is to have this molding and knowing that this is truly her hand. There will come a day that we together get to hold Kambers hand again and it will fit so perfect as it did that day. We were so excited to receive it, but at the same time it brought back an out pouring of emotions for the next couple of days feeling the loss of Kamber. Just when you think you might have your emotions under control it is amazing how little things can slam you to the ground again. I love this molding and I will forever cherish it, thanks to Deanne for this wonderful gift.
The plaque says :

In Loving Memory of
Kamberlie Ann Larsen
February 10, 2006- July 25, 2008
" A parent holds their child's hand for a short while
but their heart forever."
Ethans hand is on the right with Kamber holding his index finger, mine is on the left holding part of Kambers hand, and Kambers hand is in the middle.

8 comments:

Larsens said...

oh man jen. i didnt even read what you wrote before i started to tear up. what a sweet little hand. the reflection of the mirror in the case makes it look like the temple sealing mirror.... just goes on forever. i remember coming into the room just as you had finished that molding. it turned out so good! arent you so relieved and happy that you and ethan are sealed to your girls forever. i love your family.

as i opened kambers blog tyton did something that he knew he wasnt supposed to and i would normally get mad at him. but i saw the picture of your hands and it reminded me how precious our children are, and how perfect they are. it brought a feeling of gratitude instead of the feelings of anger i would normally feel at him.

thanks for sharing your thoughts with me. it truly helps me. i cant think of a day that has gone by that i havent teared up over kamber. i am sorry if this comment is just bringing you down. just know that even though we are over here in colorado we think of you guys everyday, and we pray for you guys every morning and night, both in family prayers and in our own prayers. we miss your sweet kamber, and we miss the rest of you guys. keep on perservering, you are an example to so many people.

ps... we are emailing you some memories.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is such a beautiful idea. I don't think I have ever seen anyone do that before.

Melissa said...

Jen that is the most beautiful thing I think I have seen in a long time. Its darling, sweet and precious.

Thank you for sharing with all of us your special thoughts, spirit and love for your special little angel.

You are AMAZING!

Carol Swift said...

That is so sweet, beautiful and a wonderful remembrance!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

That is real awesome guys. Can not wait to see it. Love you both. BJ and Candi

Mary-Sunshine said...

Oh my goodness, this is just beautiful. I have never seen something like this and it quite literally just took my breath away. It is so precious and what an amazing little remberance of her guiding and holding your hands until you can return to her and guide her once again.

Melanie said...

That is beautiful I am so glad you have that what a sweet reminder of your angel

Tristyn said...

That is amazing!!! I can't wait to see it!!! That is cool how she molded that moment with Kamber!!!

-Tristyn

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."