I've got it, I know some things I am going to do for Kamber. I have been racking my brain trying to think of the right thing that feels good. Earlier this year I was at Target they had a lot of their toys on Clarence, so I roamed through wondering why I was even doing this since my kids really don't need any toys at that time. I then came across some Dora toys that were $3.00 to $5.00. I found a Hawaiian looking Dora doll that was $5.00 and then another Dora toy that had four different things in it for about $3.00. I was so excited because I knew Kamber would absolutly love these toys, so I put them in my basket and thought I would save them for Christmas. Well, a few weeks before Kamber died she had thrown a fit about something, I can't remember and I remembered that toy. Just to stop her from crying any longer I bribed her with the Dora doll. I know, that is not how you discipline a child, but I couldn't handle it any longer. I gave her the doll and she was as sweet as pie. Those next couple of weeks Kamber loved playing with the Dora doll and majority of the time Dora didn't have her clothes on. Kamber passed away a couple of weeks later. I was so glad I had given her that doll to love and play with to bring some happiness to her life. The morning of the funeral the girls wanted to give Kamber a couple things, so we found the Dora doll and of course Dora had no clothes on. I looked for the clothes and couldn't find them. SO, I'm sure you know what is coming next! Yep, Dora went into the casket with Kamber. Dora had a painted swim suit on her body so she wasn't totally nude. But, that is how Kamber played with her so that is how Dora went. Anyways, my point is that I never gave Kamber the other Dora toy. I am not sure what I will do with it yet but, it sure is sad not to have Kamber here on Christmas to open it.
I was on one of my dear friends blog who has also lost a little girl to a drowning a month before Kamber and saw what she was doing for her daughter for Christmas and asked if she would mind if I took a little spin off her idea. The sweetheart she is, she said she wouldn't mind. Here is my idea: I am going to fill Kamber's stocking with gratitude and memories. Yep, we will write on a piece of paper things that we are grateful for. I feel when we count our blessings it is hard to be so sad. Kamber brought to much happiness to our family and I want to try as hard as possible to be happy Christmas day. So first in her stocking will be how grateful I am to have her be a part of our family! If you would like to participate feel free to. Send memories of her, things that you are grateful for, and emails of how Kamber has touched your life knowing her or just knowing her through this blog. I love hearing how Kamber continues touching other lives just as much as I love hearing memories people have of her. We as a family will open her stocking on Christmas and read all the gratitude, memories, and stories as a gift to her. There is nothing more special than remembering how blessed we are and thanking our Heavenly Father for each blessing and Kamber is a true blessing and best gift we could have ever received. That goes the same for all of my girls! I also think I might do a tree for her with purple, white ,and silver ornaments. Each year we will pick out a special ornament just for Kamber to put on the tree. Even though Kamber isn't here this year we will have many things to remind us of her. We love our Kamber girl!
You can find my email at the top of the blog or here! Kampers2@gmail.com
Thanks and love to all!
5 comments:
That is a great idea, Jen!! We'll be seding an e-mail.
Jenn, I think that is a great idea about messages for Kamber. WE must be inspired by her every day because yesterday Mindi and I were in Poppy's to see if they had any purple ornaments so I can do a purple and white and silver tree for her. I was thinking maybe of everyone donating a gift to the Children's Hospital in her name. We love you and appreciate the great mother you are and think Ethan is the luckiest guy in the world.
That is such a wonderful idea. I love how it also helps you to look forward to Christmas! I want to send something. I'll be thinking :o)
I just love this idea. What a special tradition to start with your family. What a sweet example and memory for your girls to have. I am always impressed by your family, you never cease to amaze me!
What a great idea and a great tradition for your family to on Christmas to always remember Kamber.
I forgot to put my money for the shirt in the mail yesterday but I sent it today I hope that is ok
Post a Comment