Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mom of the Year award? Ha Ha Ha!

One of my friends Sarah Stephens nominated me for Mom of the Year Award a while back. I have taken my time to get it done but here it is. Thanks Sarah!

Here are the rules I have to follow in order to receive the award:

Admit one thing you feel awful about involving being a mom. Get it off your shoulders. Once you've written it down, you are no longer allowed to feel bad. It's over with, it's in the past. Remember, you're a good mom!

When my kids are telling me a story I have a hard time listening to the whole thing since they tell me every single detail. I try to hurry them along and give me the short version. That sounds even worse now that I have written it down, geese. Thank goodness it is in the past, according to the rules. :)

Remind yourself you are a good mom, list seven things you love about your kids, you love doing with your kids, or that your kids love about you. These are the things to remind yourself everyday that you Rock!

1. I love taking the girls swimming.

2. I enjoy buying the clothes that they look so dang cute in!

3. I wake my girls in the morning with a song and an enthusiastic GOOD MORNING! I want them to always know I am happy to see them.

4. We love to exercise together.

5. I love that they are each others best friends.

6. I love that each one of them have my blue eyes. That is the only thing that they have of mine.

7. I am proud to be their Mom because I think they are the BEST!

Send this to five other Mom's of the year that deserve credit for being great moms and remind them that they are the best moms they can be!! Remember to send them a note to let them know you've selected them, and add a link to the person who nominated you.

I nominate the following 4 blogging moms:

Mindi Moser

Teri Larsen

Candi Wootan

Annie Larsen

Arizona Angel blog Mommies :)

3 comments:

Mary-Sunshine said...

I love that you wake them up in such a happy way! i am going to have to do that! right now, evelynne comes and gets me out of bed!

Crissie said...

I admit that I have a hard time listening to my kids stories too. :) You're a great Mom Jen!

Kelli said...

Hi Jen...Or shall I say, "Mom of Year!" This is a pretty cute post. I love it!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."