Sunday, May 17, 2009

Tayler and Kylie's Missing

Kylie came into Ethan and I with tears in her eyes. The words that came out of her mouth are ones that I never I thought I would have to hear as a mom. "I miss Kamber." Every time it rips my heart right out of my chest. Oh, how I wish I could change things even if for my girls sake. I think what they miss the most is getting to play with her, at least that is what I hear them say. Kamber was always the life of the party and especially made life in general fun. We all miss having Kamber here and getting to play with her.

One of the questions Kylie asked me is... Why did Heavenly Father do this to us? Why does he make us wait so long to die so we can be with Kamber again? Heavenly Father didn't do this to us, sometimes accidents happen and he doesn't prevent them and why he didn't prevent this one I don't know. Why does he make us wait so long, well how do explain to a six year old that this life is really not long at all in the eternal scheme of things. All I know is that we won't be taken till it is our time. And the one thing I definitely know for sure is that Heavenly Father loves us and we will be with Kamber again.

2 comments:

momof72nheaven said...

Harder than for myself is watching my kids go through this. I feel for your girls, my boys hurt everyday without their brother here. It is not easy to explain the "why's" If you figure it out you will have to tell me how to make this easier on them. As a mom you always want to make things easier but sometimes you just can't.
Sending my love,
Kendalee
Loughlin and Rhiannon's mom

Kelli said...

I can't imagine. I say that because I watch the reaction my kids have when one of their siblings is at the store or away at school. Knowing as a parent it is for longer than a quick errand can't be easy to explain. In the months I've been following this blog I have to tell you Jen I really think you have done great.

You've been honest with your girls and have really opened up to the rawness of losing a child. Everyday is different from the time before I know but remember what you said...He's carrying you!

Sarah is right...you are Mom of the YEAR! Now go have some ice cream and chocolate! :)

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."