Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brunch with some of Earth's Angels

Yesterday I went to brunch with some of my friends. These are women I may have never met or got to know any better had Kamber not passed away. All of these friends have lost a child. Every one has a different story and different experiences with their loss, but yet so many feelings are sooo similar. I enjoy talking, laughing, and sometimes crying with these women. When tears come to our eyes it is nice to be with those that truly understand. We don't even have to say anything, but we can feel the love for each other. I feel a special bond to each of these women and their sweet families, especially their angel children; all of who I have never personally met. Sad to say that our Arizona group of women that belong to the angel blog is growing way to fast. Since about 10 months ago our angel blog has grown from 3 to 95 children. 95 in 10 months. Can you believe that? That number includes people from mostly Utah and Arizona, but many do come from around the states. And that is just the people we are told of and that want to be a part of the blog. This number doesn't include miscarriages or stillborns. I know families are losing children every day, I know it happens more often than we realize.

I am just grateful that I have these friends in my life. I wish I could have known these women through another means, but feel thankful that I have them to travel this road with.

Thank you girls for a nice brunch yesterday, love ya!

I also would be unappreciative if I didn't mention my readers. Thank you so much for remembering my Kamber and helping to lift me up when I am down. :) Heavenly Father truly knows that I need you. Thanks to all my blogging friends!!!

7 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

I have about five women who have become such close friends who have all lost children as well. Most of the women I am friends with lost their children in the final days / weeks of pregnancy. But I do know a few who have lost children in infancy and older. It is amazing how much it means to have people close by who relate to how you feel. These emotions can come out of no where sometimes and it is reassuring to have someone by your side who feels the same way sometimes.

Kelli said...

I'm sorry the relationships and bonds have been built because of such tragedy but am so grateful at the same time these friendships have been built. I think it is just another testament of the Lord's tender mercies.

Your readers love and appreciate you too Jen. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your world.

Angela said...

Jen,
I am so glad you have such a support..glad and sad for all of you...I know our paths probably would never have crossed if I hadn't lost our sweet Evan. My good friend just lost her little girl...she was due in just a few weeks...you're right, lots of people are going through this sadness, but it is a tender mercy that the Lord has blessed us to support one another. I hope one of these days we can get out West!
Angela

Crissie said...

It is so sad that so many families have to deal with this sort of trial. But what a blessing that you have gained friendships with people who understand how you feel. I don't know if you heard about the family in Queen Creek whose 5 yr. old drowned last week. My sister (the family is in her ward) forwarded the newspaper article to us. My Dad (who is in the same ward as Ethan's parents) replied and he mentioned you guys. I just wanted to share what he said in his email.

"I just cannot imagine the feelings and struggles these parents are having. If the family can just hold on to their faith through all this, eventually peace does come. I look at the Larson family and think what a wonderful example of clinging to your faith they are. If you let yourself get bogged down in the "Why" question, it's easy to lose sight of the fact that more often than not, that's a question only God can answer. So much human suffering in this world simply cannot be understood... only accepted with patience and faith. I have to admit that there have been times when I have really struggled with the "Why" question in my own little pack of troubles. I just have to let it go and have faith that one day we will also understand the answer to that question."

Yes, I know that you have had moments of wavering faith through all of this, yet you always fight through it Jen. You fight through it and come out better for it. You are amazing and I thank you for your wonderful example. Keep fighting Jen.

Sarah S. said...

What a blessing that you can have such a strong support group and find strength in these women. How wonderful that you could meet each other and be there for each other.

Crissie said...

That's so nice of you Jen. I'm sure the Allen family would love to hear from you. I too hope that they didn't read the comments from the article. I read a couple of them and it made me so mad! People are so rudely judgmental!

Here's their contact information:

Ben and Anya Allen
(daughter-Rachel age 5)
anya@benallen.biz
480-332-1357

Thanks Jen!

{ Bethany } said...

Love ya, too! I'm glad we met and can journey through this all together!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."