Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Long over Due!

I have not yet posted pictures from Kamber's Birthday in February. Shame on me, but I need to get it posted so that I have it documented not just in my head. It was a beautiful day! We woke up to balloons on our home and down our street. The girls always love getting to see this on their way to school. They even made the comment that it made their day and that they were sure that Kamber was happy about the balloons for her birthday. I totally agree with them. I finished up some last minute things I was putting together for Kamber's birthday and before I knew it, it was time to head to the cemetery to see our baby girl and decorate her grave. Oh, how awful that last sentence sounds but it is our reality and a very bitter sweet one at that.


We did our usual balloon release, which is my favorite. I love pretending that all the balloons make it to heaven for Kamber.

We cleaned her grave and put things down that remind us of her. It is nice to be able to give her something.



After the cemetery we headed off to our home for a party in Kamber's honor. We celebrate like she we did when she was here. We had sub sandwiches and all kinds of sides. We did a pinata for the kids, which they all seem to love. Then we had cake and ice cream. I think this is one of my girls favorite parts because they get to blow out the candles for Kamber. It is sooo sweet. Then before every one went home we had a little gift from Kamber. I had a bag for each family filled wit Hershey kisses and on the outside it said "Kisses from Kamber." Since there are no presents to open for my little one I tried to think of a little gift that each family could open as a gift from Kamber. Who wouldn't want a kiss from Kamber? I know I do, I long for it everyday.







Here are all the kisses from Kamber!!!

Though leading up to her birthday seems to always be hard I am grateful to have a day to celebrate her life. We are so grateful to have had Kamber for the two and a half years we did. She changed our world during that time and continues to influence us today. We love you Kamber girl!

3 comments:

Kami Milliron said...

What a beautiful day and what a wonderful way to celebrate your sweet angel. I wish we could do these things for Elizabeth. Everything looks like it turned out perfect. And the balloons down the street - oh that melted my heart. Such a sweet day. And I LOVE the kisses from Kamber. Just perfect.

The McNeil Family said...

Thanks for letting us share this special day with you and family. I know that we are not blood family, what we love your family so much. I sure miss Kamber but know she is always with us.

brigette said...

what a special day!! Great ideas to have kamber give a gift to the guests. I love her headstone it is beautiful!!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."