Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I am my Mothers Child

Max is now a month old. Time is flying by so fast. I can't believe I have had him a month and I wish it would slow down. I want to just savor every minute with him. When I have my babies I am really stricked about not taking them out till they are a month old and limiting my time being out and about for a few months after that. I might be weird ,but it works for me and I feel that it helps get my babies on a schedule, plus I don't want them sick.


Since I am at home most the time when I get a chance I do watch some T.V. That occurs usually when Max is eating, so I entertain myself till it is time to put him down and race to get things done before he is crying again or wants to eat for the hundredth time.

I have become a little addicted to two particular channels. I wish I could say it was the BYU channel to be spiritually uplifted or a channel that I am learning from. Well I guess I am learning a little.It just depends who you are talking to. I'm a little embarrassed to admit this but I like to watch QVC and HSN. My mom has watched these channels for years and has bought MANY items. Majority of the items are very useful and make life a little more simple. The jewelry is pretty and clothing is fashionable. My sister and I have made fun of my mom for her watching and purchases. The UPS man knows my mom, that's for sure. My sister jokes and says that my mom will be buried in her largest QVC box with all her receipts. My mom is smart with her spending so she can buy what she wants.

So since these channels are on at 1:30 in the morning when I am trying to stay awake to feed Max I watch to see what is new and during the day you might find one of these channels on my TV. I wish I had the money to buy everything I love. It could become dangerous, but for now I've kept myself in check. I just really like seeing what is in style and to daydream. So, I really am my mothers child.

2 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

That is so funny. I love the picture of you and your mom. I am glad that I was able to come and hold max last week. He is so precious. I am glad that we are still friends even though we don't live close and we have differnet things going on in life. I hope that we can be friends forever. Love ya

Sarah S. said...

Such a cute and funny post. It made me laugh. Nate Berkus a designer that I like only sells his stuff on those channels so it can't be that bad. ;)
Give Max an extra snuggle during those midnight hours. I miss those special times where the world is quiet and it's just you and your little one. Heaven on earth.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."