Monday, September 15, 2008

Special Letter

A few weeks after Kamber passed away I was having an extremely hard time with all that has happened. This day I fell to my knees and prayed out loud crying to Heavenly Father. I was impressed to write a letter to President Monson. I second guessed myself, Did I really hear what I thought I heard. It came again, Write a letter. I was still so nervous, I thought "Do you realize what you are asking me to do? This is the prophet of the church, he is busy and there are many people in my situation, he's not going to want to hear from me." The words that I should write came flowing into my head. I went to the computer and started writing as tears flowed down my face. The letter sat on my desk for about 2 weeks, I was scared to send it out. I spoke to my bishop of what happened and he told me "Sometimes we don't understand why we are to do somethings, but we are lead by the spirit. It can be a little scary, but I know it is important to follow through." So I did and I sent the letter off. For the past week I have been anxious to see if he would respond. This morning I went to the mail box and there it was. Return address Salt Lake City directed to Mr. and Mrs. Ethan Larsen. My heart started pounding so hard and excitement over came my body. I can't believe he responded. I went home and Ethan and I read the letter together. A peace came over me and I could really feel his love for my family and I. He really does care about all the members of the church and I know he is called of God. What a neat experience for Ethan and I. Another way for us to feel the comforting arms of our Saviors love. I can't wait to show my girls the letter and they may see the love Heavenly Father and the prophet of the church has for our family. I am thankful for the gospel and for all the prophets of the church especially Joseph Smith. He restored the church to the earth and I'm forever grateful for that.

10 comments:

Larsens said...

wow jen. what a special experience for you and your family to have. and what a testimony to have of a prophet. thanks for sharing that experience. its good for me to hear of how the prophet cares and loves for all the people of the church. it also testifies to me that he is working one on one with the Lord... he knew how important and beneficial it was to have your family know that he cares and know that the Spirit was guiding you. that is so neat jen.

Sarah S. said...

O'kay Jen I am crying a-gain this time because of what a special experience your family gets to have. Yes we know that the prophet loves everyone but to actually have something tangible is amazing. Every hair on my arm (and they are hairy) is standing up and I have chills all over. Reading this post I was able to feel your testimony of our prophet and have the Spirit bare witness to me as well that he is a living prophet of God. Thanks for bringing this into my day today.

Mary-Sunshine said...

WOW! That is just amazing. It just shows how much Hevenly Father is in this church. I don't think that any one man could do all that the prophet does without Gods help. And for President Monson to know what to say to your special family to make you feel the love again is just amazing. How special! What a true testimant that the spirit is right by your side!

The McNeil Family said...

This is an amazing experiene for you and your family.. It is amazing how the spirit works and prompts us to do something.I know that we sometimes ignore it. I great to hear that the prophet wrote you back. Thanks for sharing this because it makes me realize that the prophet loves us and really cares about us. Thanks for calling and talking to me today, I enjoy when we just get to chat.. You are a special person in my life.Thanks for being you..
Valerie

Leah Martineau said...

Oh I love this church!! I love our prophet and hearing that makes me even more excited to hear from him in a few weeks. Thank you for your wonderful post. =)

Loree said...

I'll have to agree with all the comments made so far about this very special expericence. I felt the same way sarah felt! wow, Jen!! Your strength and testimony build mine! Thanks for sharing these sweet experiences with us all! We all Love you guys!

Brooke and Brett Martin said...

Thank you for sharing that beautiful story...I will never forget this.

Maren said...

wow jen, that is so cool. one day, if you havent already, you will understand why you were prompted to write this letter. what a great testimony builder!

Melanie said...

Jen that is amazing. What a great church we belong too. It just goes to show we are all loved so much by our Prophet and what a great experience for you and Ethan that you have a personal letter from such an amazing man. You are such a great example to so many people. Thank you

Anonymous said...

That was really neat to hear.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."