Monday, September 29, 2008

We're Back!

I think going out of town is one of the harder things I have had to do since Kamber passed away. I pretty much freaked out just before we where leaving. I just couldn't handle the thought that Kamber was not going with us. We absolutely love going on vacations with her. It brought back so many memories of the last vacation we had as a whole family. I remember looking in the back seat with Kambers eyes fixed on the movie Go Diego Go. She watched the movie the whole time up to the cabin and the whole way back singing the songs. Ethan and I would just laugh and think she was the cutest thing we ever did see. It really bothered me to know we wouldn't get to see that this time and that we wouldn't get to hear her sweet voice from the back. This feeling was so gut wrenching. Needless to say we had a great time and we did think of Kamber often. Our girls were happy to just play and enjoy each other. It was fun to spend time with family and friends not having to worry about what was going on in our life. I'm glad to be home, but it is another reminder of what is lost. I'm sure life will continue to be this way for a long time to come.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

I'm glad that you are home and that you you decided to go even though you knew that it was going to be so hard. That is another "first" that you have made it through. Hopefully each time you go it will get easier, even if it is just a little bit easier. We love you guys. I can't wait to hear about your trip.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."