Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sick Feeling

You know that sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when something just scared the heck out of you? I seem to know that feeling all to well here lately. This whole week I have woke up with that feeling, the same feeling I felt this first morning after Kamber died. I don't know if I have been dreaming about her and they are sad dreams or if my body is just now realizing the gravity of what has really happened. I feel as though I might be moving out of the denial stage and really grasping the true reality of the situation. The feelings I have felt the past few months are unreal and at times very confusing. I know I have know all along that Kamber is really gone, but it is like my body hasn't. I hate the feeling I have in the morning, but as the day goes on and I have lots to do I go into survivor mode. I go through the day almost as if nothing has even happened, though I know in my mind life is different. This may sound confusing, but in my head it all makes sense. I don't know what to do or how to make it stop. Maybe it is just part of the grieving and there is nothing to make it stop,but just deal because there is nothing to change the outcome.

5 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Hang in there Jen. People are praying for you as always.

The McNeil Family said...

Jen..Hope u know that I am always there for you and love spending time with to keep you busy! thanks for being my friend.
Love ya
Valerie

Anonymous said...

"Being Human, we would expell from our lives physical pain and mental anguish and assure ourselves of continual ease and comfort, but if we were to close the doors upon sorrow and distress, we might be excluding our greatest friends and benefactors. Suffering can make saints of people as they learn patience. long-suffering and self mastery."
-Spencer W. Kimball

Alishia said...

I wish your mornings were better. I bet you are right, I bet your body is finally catching up with your heart. I'm glad you stay busy and that staying busy helps.

I loved your post yesterday. It really made me ask my own questions. I have a lot of questions that I want answers to and will have to be patient, like you!

Maren said...

hang in there jen. pray every morning that Heavenly Father will make that feeling go away. He will help you through it.

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."