Friday, November 7, 2008

Dora the Explorer

This morning my sweet Kylie bear came in to my room just before 6:00. I was not to excited to be woke up this early because I had been up 7 times the night before and a few times last night. She come over to my bed side and in a soft voice said " Mommy I'm awake and I want to watch t.v. in your room with no sound. I wanted to tell her no but I said yes. She hopped on to my bed and snuggled under the covers. I don't know what she watched first because I drifted off to sleep. The next time I was woken up was about a half and hour later to Kylie saying "Dora is on, yeah." Kylie usually doesn't like watching Dora but for some reason she was excited this morning. It has been 3 months since Dora has been on my t.v. in the morning. Kamber was my morning bird watching Dora in my room. I woke up and sat in bed remembering Kamber and how much I enjoyed watching her watch Dora and talk to the t.v. Brookie woke up not long after Dora started so I got her and put her on my bed to watch with us. She stared at the t.v. making noises. She seemed to enjoy watching the show and seemed to want to talk. I enjoyed this morning remembering Kamber and the cute things she would do and also enjoyed the two bundles of joy I had sitting right next to me. I am grateful that Kylie woke up early to watch t.v. this morning, she helped to bring some happiness to my day with out even realizing she had done that for me. Thank Heaven for Little Girls!

3 comments:

Alishia said...

I'm so glad that Kylie could save the day, today. It's funny how many little things our children do can make such a difference to us. They don't even realize what a strength they bring to us.

Your girls are angels and are going to help you endure Kamber's loss. They are some of the few people that understand how you feel. They are truly your best friends!! Hug them, kiss them, and let them strengthen you! Even if it is just by letting you remember special mornings with Dora.

Tanner and Shasta said...

Kylie is so sweet. Anytime I see anything thats Dora or Diego I think of Kamber. I think that is how it will always be and I'm glad. I love anything thing that brings Kamber to my mind.

Sheye Rosemeyer said...

I wonder if the creator of Dora realizes the impact that little character has when we lose a daughter the ages of Kamber and Ava? Dora was such a huge part of our day too and filled our loungeroom every morning without fail.

For a long time, I could not look up walking through Target for fear of catching site of anything Dora. When Ivy started to want to watch it I found it near impossible. Two years later, almost, and I'm so happy Ivy loves her too. She's back on the tv every day and Ivy loves all the Dora things Ava had.

Thanks for sharing such a sweet post.

Sheye xx

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."