Monday, November 17, 2008
Mondays
I was in the Kitchen this morning trying to clean up the mess from this weekend. I had many things going on this week and didn't have much time to clean the way I usually like to. Ethan came in a saw me at work putting dishes away. I must have had a sad look on my face, he is so in tune with me that he knows when the wheels are spinning and when I am frustrated. He said "Are Monday's hard for you?" I looked at him like: what are you talking about? My mind was spinning over the things I need to do today, things we talked about yesterday regarding Kamber, and my dream I had last night and trying to find some meaning in it. My response to his question was "Yes ,Mondays are hard." He said they are for me to because I see all the things that need to be done for the week at work." Well yes, that is part of it for me, but the other part is realizing I just made it through another week with out Kamber and sometimes that is hard. I want the week to fly by but, I want time to stand still so all the memories of Kamber are so fresh. Mondays are hard because I know I have another whole week to endure with out Kamber. The task of cleaning my house, getting groceries, and any of the other mundane things we as mom's have to do just don't seem that hard anymore. I very rarely get stressed about it anymore like I would before. We take life one step at a time. My priorities are a little different as I know Ethan's are also. He sees all the things that he has to do for the week but I notice he is much calmer than he use to be. So many lessons have been learned from the trial of living life with out Kamber here and there are many lessons yet to be learned. So yes ,Monday's are hard in there own way, but that is okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."
2 comments:
You and your Husband are so lucky that you have such a sweet, special relationship. So many Families are torn apart by the loss of a Child. I am so thankful the Lord has helped you become closer together. And I am sure Kamber has a lot to do with that too : )
I, too, thought of Kamber today. I cleaned my house today just like you and in my room is a picture of your precious angel. As I dusted it, I thought of you and all you have endured.
I'm so grateful you and Ethan are so very close to each other. Do all you can to keep him close. You guys are such an inspiration to me!
Post a Comment