Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Distraction

I mentioned before that I had watched the movie Twilight. Well, now I have started reading the series. Actually I started a week ago and I am now on the last book. I have read the books as often as I could which is not as often as I would like since I have kids that need some of my attention too.
I have been so enthralled with the books and it has been a nice distraction from my real life. There have been days that I have been sad about Kamber this week but it has been nice to not have to focus on it. Instead I have consumed myself in the books. It is nice to have something to distract me for a while and save me from myself.
I am grateful for the little outlets in my life and from a husband that understands when I need time alone. I think I may have found a new hobby that I like. I never thought that I would like to read but I think that is changing. :)

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

Please - when I read that series - the house and kids just went to pot! I couldn't put it down until I was done! It is a nice escape isn't it? Now you HAVE to read the Hunger Games! Talk about a page turner!

The McNeil Family said...

I am glad that you found something that you enjoy.. I wish that I had more time to myself. Maybe one day I will.

Neener said...

Jen,
This is Denine Angel Tanner's mom.
I threw myself into the books last summer while I was visiting my brother in Arizona... I bought all of them at Walmart and read 3 on the 26hr drive home to Canada. I have never really enjoyed reading but her writting captivated me. I loved them. When I felt sad about Tanner I picked up her book and it took my mind away to another place, which I appreciated. I am reading her book "Host" right now, it is good to, not as good but different. I just love her style of writting. Plus I see the gospel (if that is right) in her books... it just all seems to make sense.
Anyway enjoy your reading.
P.s.. I think the grandparent blog is a great idea.

Anonymous said...

Totally understand the distraction! Chet wondered if he should higher a babysitter while I was reading the series. :o) So does this mean you will go with me to the midnight showing of New Moon?? I'm sooo serious! :o) We need to do girls night....I miss seeing ya.

Dennison Family said...

I'm glad you got to read all the books! I loved them! And, crazy enough, I loved the movie, even though all my friends hated it! Yes, it was low budget, but I still LOVED It! :) Glad you have your own Edward! :) I even re-read them all because I liked them so much! They are just as good the 2nd time around, and my house didn't look quite so messy! :)

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."