Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Cousin


Today I spoke with my mother in law. She always asks how I am doing and I appreciate it. Today my response was that I am doing okay I mean good. Any day that I can keep my head up and accomplish some things that need to be done is a good day.

My sister had today off of work so she spent some of the day with me. She has a 3 year old daughter that is just 3 months older than Kamber. Her name is Sheridan and you guessed it, they were the best of friends.

We picked Sheridan up from preschool today and went to get lunch and run some errands. She was so good and loved playing with Brookie from her car seat. Normally being with Sheridan doesn't bring back any sad feelings. I usually just enjoy being with her and being her aunt. Today I also enjoyed her and smiled when I heard her talk. Sheridan is a little speech impaired so she is just now being able to say things that alot of two year old say. Anyways hearing her talk reminds me so much of Kamber. The way she says things and the way she acts at times is almost like I am watching my little girl. I could feel the emotions in me change and a sadness came over me as I longed for my little girl to be in the back seat. There should be three little ones when I hang out with my sister. Today I wished that I could hear Kamber calling for me in the back and giggling at Brookie. I miss looking in my rear view mirror and seeing a blond hair, blue eyed beauty sitting there with a big smile on her face. I miss my little girl and wish that she could be here to play with her cousin and that Sheridan wouldn't have to grow up without her. I'm sure Kamber misses Sheridan but I know that she visits her often. They will be best friends forever.

3 comments:

The McNeil Family said...

I love this picture of the two of them.. I opened your blog.. And I felt like emotional.. I love to see pictures of Kamber and I wish that she was still here. I am sorry to post this.. But today I long to hear her voice like you said talking to you as you drive I remember that.. Can't wait to see her again

Mary-Sunshine said...

Jen~

Whenever I read this I wonder how do you wake up everday and do anything at all. I wish so much that I could help in anyway. I wish I could take the pain away from you for an hour at least so you could have an hour without the pain. Just know that I think about your family often and wish I could do more. Please let me know if you ever need anything! I still workout so if you want to get together for that I would love it!

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Jenn dear I think about you every day. I pray for you and hope you know you can call me anytime. We had fun swimming with you and your little babes the other day!

"Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while but their hearts... Forever."